Thursday, May 8, 2008

Greatest Hits (Morrissey)

For Morrissey's recent Greatest Hits release, I'm not going to comment too much on the music, because I love this guy's tunage. I think the songs are all ace and there's not a clunker on the set. What I will say, however, is that this set is ideal for two people: fans like myself who took forever to become the full-fledged, product-buying variety and older Moz fans who haven't kept up with his output this decade as closely as they did the rest of his career. The set contains his singles released in the 2000s, plus a few random early classics tossed in for good measure. There are also two excellent new tracks: "That's How People Grow Up" and "All You Need Is Me."

The disc itself emulates the look of a vinyl LP, which I always find to be an attractive design. The liner notes, while light on informative text, have two cool pictures: one of the backing musicians, as taken by Moz himself, and one of Morrissey's arse bearing a punny legend. The purple colour scheme of the booklet and other art is very attractive, focusing mainly on lilac.

Quality product, as is to only be expected, considering the artist. Rock on.

Tracks:
1. First of the Gang to Die
2. In the Future When All's Well
3. I Just Want to See the Boy Happy
4. Irish Blood, English Heart
5. You Have Killed Me
6. That's How People Grow Up
7. Everyday Is Like Sunday
8. Redondo Beach
9. Suedehead
10. The Youngest Was the Most Loved
11. The Last of the Famous International Playboys
12. The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
13. All You Need Is Me
14. Let Me Kiss You
15. I Have Forgiven Jesus

No comments: