Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Robyn

Robyn's self-titled album has finally made its way over to the States. I am certainly glad it did, as it's an awesome album. It's hard to believe it's been years since I got my first taste of this album - the excellent single "Be Mine!" My next exposure to the material was the heartwrenchingly beautiful "With Every Heartbeat." From there, the release earlier this year of The Rakamonie EP really left me ready for this album, and now I am gratified.

Robyn brims with both personality and musicality. The moods are diverse, but the results are always the same - pop gems. Of the tracks I hadn't previously heard, "Who's That Girl" is the one that has made the most immediate impact on me. Excellent song. Other standout tracks not previously mentioned: "Konichiwa Bitches," "Handle Me" (both mixes), "Bum Like You," and "Dream On."

Tracks:
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Konichiwa Bitches
3. Cobrastyle
4. Handle Me
5. Bum Like You
6. Be Mine!
7. With Every Heartbeat (with Kleerup)
8. Who's That Girl
9. Bionic Woman
10. Crash and Burn Girl
11. Robotboy
12. Eclipse
13. Should Have Known
14. Any Time You Like
15. Dream On
16. Handle Me (RedOne remix)

No comments: