Friday, May 9, 2008

Twenty Five (George Michael)

I've had trouble writing this, and the reason is, I can't even be remotely objective when it comes to George Michael. So I'm not gonna try. Twenty Five is a compilation set spotlighting some of his music throughout his illustrious career, and I love it. Michael's catalogue is large and stylistically diverse, and to my ears he pulls all those styles off well.

The collection isn't something to buy and expect to get every George Michael song you'd ever want, but it does contain a good selection, plus some great new material, like "An Easier Affair" and "Understand." I really like the picture of Michael that adorns the cover, also.

Tracks:
Disc 1 (For Living)
1. Everything She Wants (Wham!)
2. Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go (Wham!)
3. Freedom (Wham!)
4. Faith
5. Too Funky
6. Fastlove
7. Freedom
8. Spinning the Wheel
9. Outside
10. As (with Mary J. Blige)
11. Freeek!
12. Shoot the Dog
13. Amazing
14. Flawless (Go to the City)
15. An Easier Affair

Disc 2 (For Loving)
16. Careless Whisper
17. Last Christmas (Wham!)
18. A Different Corner
19. Father Figure
20. One More Try
21. Praying for Time
22. Heal the Pain (with Paul McCartney)
23. Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me (with Elton John)
24. Jesus to a Child
25. Older
26. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
27. You Have Been Loved
28. John and Elvis Are Dead
29. This Is Not Real Love (with Mutya)

Disc 3 (For the Loyal)
30. Understand
31. Precious Box
32. Roxanne
33. Fantasy
34. Cars and Trains
35. Patience
36. You Know That I Want To
37. My Mother Had a Brother
38. If You Were There (Wham!)
39. Safe
40. American Angel
41. My Baby Just Cares for Me
42. Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?
43. Please Send Me Someone (Anselmo's Song)
44. Through

No comments: