Saturday, May 17, 2008

Song of the Day: "Cross My Broken Heart"

ARTIST: Sinitta
TITLE: "Cross My Broken Heart"
YEAR: 1988

I'm a sucker for Stock-Aitken-Waterman productions and very dated 80s music videos, so "Cross My Broken Heart" was pretty much a surefire hit with me. Eh, what can I say? It's dancepoptastic fun. I checked out Sinitta a month(?) or so ago after watching an episode of Never Mind the Buzzcocks on which she'd appeared, and this song in particular has stuck with me.

Check out the video here. I'm not positive as far as which Sinitta CDs have original recordings and which use re-recordings, but there's a SAW compilation called Gold that contains this track if you'd like to own it on CD. If you'd prefer a Sinitta disc, just do some legwork to make sure you're getting the original recordings.

No comments: