Saturday, May 10, 2008

"What I Go to School For" single (Busted)

Has it really been several years since Busted broke up? This makes me feel old. While Busted only lasted two albums, they certainly made a big impact while they were around... in the UK, at least. Perhaps not so much in the U.S.; however, they certainly got to me. Before they started promoting anything here, I managed to secure a copy of their sophomore disc, A Present for Everyone, and got to jam to such selections as "Crashed the Wedding." Okay, I'm not gonna lie, Busted should be classed as a guilty pleasure, but I really feel no guilt here. Just nostalgia. Anyhow, Busted did eventually get some promotion in the States, and "What I Go to School For," their original debut single, was the song chosen to attempt to break them here. Their U.S. album (titled Busted) conveniently acts as a greatest hits, in that it compiles all of the singles they released during their two album run as well as an album track or two.

The "What I Go to School For" single contains two versions of the track: the radio version and the album version. The radio version is not particularly different to my ears (with the censorship of the word "ass" being the obvious contrast), but given that this was priced at $0.01, I couldn't resist it. It's also good nostalgia, as it's been a while since I've listened to Busted, and this song is one of my favorites. The enhanced content on the CD includes the music video, which I haven't seen since it was in rotation, so that's a cool feature.

Tracks:
1. What I Go to School For (radio version)
2. What I Go to School For

No comments: