Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Santogold

I don't know if I'm just in a good mood or what, but music has sounded really, really good today. Sounding particularly amazing is Santogold's eponymous release. I can't even find words for it. I don't know to what to compare it. At one point, it made me want to become a music snob, find some sort of job that made me rich and allowed me to be haughty, and start running with a crowd that drinks a lot of wine and frequently refers to things as "droll." Make any sense to you? Me neither, but then, my feelings rarely make any sense.

The liner notes are practically non-existent and the art is nothing too special, but the music itself... wow. It's still early, but I'd be willing to bet that this ends up one of the five 2008 releases that should be in everyone's collections.

My favourite track is "Lights Out," followed closely by "L.E.S. Artistes." Seriously, though, there's not a single track I dislike, I don't believe.

Tracks:
1. L.E.S. Artistes
2. You'll Find a Way
3. Shove It (featuring Spankrock)
4. Say Aha
5. Creators (vs. Switch and FreQ Nasty)
6. My Superman
7. Lights Out
8. Starstruck
9. Unstoppable
10. I'm a Lady (featuring Trouble Andrew)
11. Anne
12. You'll Find a Way (Switch & Sinden remix)

No comments: