Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mix CDs Galore

My listening is now being dominated by mix CDs I've received from some of my favorite people around, all of whom have fab taste in music. Rather than review them, which would be silly as A) they're all going to be loved and B) they're not available for purchase, I'll just be listing one or two highlights from each so they can be immortalized as part of my '08 in music, or something.

Art Brut: "People in Love"
Badfinger: "We're for the Dark"
Brent Barrett: "Love Can't Happen"
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds: "The Mercy Seat"
Crowded House: "She Called Up"
The Glories: "I Stand Accused (Of Loving You)"
Hunters & Collectors: "Throw Your Arms Around Me"
Jill Jackson: "I'll Love You for a While"
Lotta Lenya: "Pirate Jenny"
Tony Middleton: "Paris Blues"
Giorgio Moroder: "Looky Looky"
The Munx: "Our Dream"
Gilbert O'Sullivan: "Out of the Question"
Robert Palmer: "Not a Second Time"
Procession: "Adelaide Adelaide"
Brenda Russell: "Piano in the Dark"
Barbra Streisand & Kim Carnes: "Make No Mistake, He's Mine" (a guilty pleasure I heretofore had not owned)
The Supremes: "Going Down for the Third Time"

No comments: