Friday, May 16, 2008

Song of the Day: "That's Not My Name"

ARTIST: The Ting Tings
TITLE: "That's Not My Name"
YEAR: 2007/2008

I don't know much about the duo known as The Ting Tings. Don't like their name, and not a fan at all of the first song I heard from them, "Great DJ." However, I rather like "Shut Up and Let Me Go," which is currently being featured in an iPod advert. Now, "That's Not My Name" is looking to hit #1 on the UK Singles Chart, and I have to say, I love this song despite myself. Part of it is the hand claps and part of it is the vocal style on the "Are you calling me darling" part, but there's something else that I can't quite pinpoint. I suppose the song just works. It certainly has worked well enough for me to play it several times today.

You can hear the song here. It can be found on the album We Started Nothing (to be released) or the "That's Not My Name" single.

No comments: