Monday, May 12, 2008

"I Know" promo CD (Dionne Farris)

A slightly more interesting cheap promo disc find comes in the form of Dionne Farris's "I Know." It contains four mixes of Farris's huge hit: the single edit, the NY Reprise mix, the acoustic roots extended edit, and the album version. The NY Reprise mix and album version are both available on Farris's album Wild Seed, Wild Flowers, which I picked up about a year ago in a bargain store hunt and found quite enjoyable. The single edit is basically the version radio played, which was shortened by about 21 seconds but otherwise is basically unchanged from the album version. The true reimagining of the song comes in the acoustic roots extended edit, which is an acoustic, somewhat bluesy, somewhat soulful, very rootsy rendition. It's pretty cool. Definitely worth a listen.

Tracks:
1. I Know (single edit)
2. I Know (NY Reprise mix)
3. I Know (acoustic roots extended edit)
4. I Know

No comments: