Tuesday, May 6, 2008

In Between Dreams (Jack Johnson)

Though I like the Jack Johnson tunes I've heard, I'd held off on getting his albums. Thanks to a decent sale at Best Buy, I finally took the plunge and got In Between Dreams from 2005. I already knew I absolutely loved two songs on the album: "Sitting, Waiting, Wishing" and "Good People." The first thing that struck me upon preparing to play it, however, is how cool the packaging is. I find the design of the album booklet and case very appealing and give it an A grade. The music itself is also strong overall. Besides the two previously mentioned, standouts include "Better Together," "Banana Pancakes," "Staple It Together," "Situations," "Breakdown," "Belle," "Do You Remember," and "Constellations." I'm so useless on albums I like...

Recommended.

Tracks:
1. Better Together
2. Never Know
3. Banana Pancakes
4. Good People
5. No Other Way
6. Sitting, Waiting, Wishing
7. Staple It Together
8. Situations
9. Crying Shame
10. If I Could
11. Breakdown
12. Belle
13. Do You Remember
14. Constellations

No comments: