Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Best of Atlanta Rhythm Section

Atlanta Rhythm Section is one of those bands I got into with time. My first exposure, "So Into You," is a song that had to grow on me. Next came "Imaginary Lover," which I liked, followed by a song I still adore, "I'm Not Gonna Let It Bother Me Tonight." That was enough for me to know I like the group, but I was never inspired to seek a collection of their stuff. However, with the lovely clearance price of $2.00 for their greatest hits, it was a no-brainer that I'd be coming home with it. The Best of Atlanta Rhythm Section is a 17-track retrospective that includes all of their big hits. Unlike many ARS compilations, these are not re-recordings, but are the original hit versions. Highlights besides the aforementioned hits include "Jukin'" and "Indigo Passion." For casual fans like myself, this is a very good overview of the band's production, minus those hits they had after switching labels. Even still, this would be the ideal disc to get if one just wanted one solid CD collection. Good tunes, enough to satisfy, but not enough space to burn out if you're not a hardcore ARS listener. Recommended.

Tracks:
1. Doraville
2. Angel (What in the World's Come Over Us)
3. Crazy
4. Dog Days
5. All Night Rain
6. Free Spirit
7. Jukin'
8. Neon Nites
9. So Into You
10. Georgia Rhythm
11. Imaginary Lover
12. Champagne Jam
13. I'm Not Gonna Let It Bother Me Tonight
14. Do It or Die
15. Spooky
16. Indigo Passion
17. Silver Eagle

No comments: