Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"Sun Is Shining" single (Bob Marley vs. Funkstar De Luxe)

Bob Marley is a legend. There's really nothing I can say to advocate his music that hasn't been said. (Actually, my reggae collection is small, with Jimmy Cliff being the only artist to have any significant presence. Nonetheless, I recognize the talent of many of its practitioners.) "Sun Is Shining" is a track that lends itself well to being remixed for the clubs, and Funkstar De Luxe proved that with this single in 1999, which contains three great dance-oriented mixes of the track. I think my favorite is the Funkstars Club Mix, but all three are quite good. Fans of Marley or of dance will find this a pleasing disc.

Tracks:
1. Sun Is Shining (Radio De Luxe edit)
2. Sun Is Shining (Ranbow mix)
3. Sun Is Shining (Funkstars club mix)

No comments: