Sunday, November 30, 2008

Try Whistling This (Neil Finn)

I love Crowded House's music, and I very much enjoyed Tim Finn's Imaginary Kingdom, so I had high expectations for Neil Finn's solo work. Alas, Try Whistling This left me slightly disappointed as a result. Don't get me wrong - it's a good album. I like it. I'm glad I have it. I just expected too much from it based on my experience with other Finn-related projects. It's less varied than the previous albums mentioned. I think I'd need to be in a mood for even closer listening than I gave it, as the lyrics seem to be up to Finn standards. I'll have to revisit this album for a fairer evaluation. Currently, the highlights seem to be "She Will Have her Way," "Truth," and "Dream Date."

Tracks:
1. Last One Standing
2. Souvenir
3. King Tide
4. Try Whistling This
5. She Will Have Her Way
6. Sinner
7. Twisty Bass
8. Loose Tongue
9. Truth
10. Astro
11. Dream Date
12. Faster Than Light
13. Addicted

No comments: