Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Here Comes the Groom (John Wesley Harding)

My introduction to John Wesley Harding came when I bought his Why We Fight album in February of this year. I liked that album, but I only gave it so much play. However, my interest in Harding was reignited over the summer when a friend included the awesome "You're No Good" on a mix CD. I was reminded of Harding yet again recently as he's scheduled to drop a new album soon. This led me to finally go ahead and pick up Here Comes the Groom, his classic 1989 release. This is the album which includes "You're No Good," as well as his rock radio hit "The Devil in Me" and the neat track "An Audience With You." Overall, this is another solid album that makes me want to pull out the other for further consideration, as well as perhaps check out more of his catalogue.

Tracks:
1. Here Comes the Groom
2. Cathy's New Clown
3. Spaced Cowgirl
4. Scared of Guns
5. You're No Good
6. When the Sun Comes Out
7. The Devil in Me
8. An Audience With You
9. Dark Dark Heart
10. Same Thing Twice
11. Affairs of the Heart
12. Nothing I'd Rather Do
13. Things Snowball
14. The Red Rose and the Briar
15. Bastard Son

No comments: