Monday, November 24, 2008

San Francisco Days (Chris Isaak)

Chris Isaak is one of those artists whose greatest hits I checked out on a whim when I saw it sitting in a store, and where I ended up being surprised just how much I enjoyed it. Besides such familiar tunes as "Wicked Game," songs like "Let Me Down Easy" and "Somebody's Crying" really caught my ear. I also added his Christmas album to my collection in 2007 when Best Buy had it for a ridiculous sale price. Now, I've gotten my first Isaak studio album, 1993's San Francisco Days. While I don't really plan on buying up a lot of his catalogue, I wanted this particular album because it contains his version of "Solitary Man," which is quite a nice rendition. Another previously unknown highlight is the track "Beautiful Homes." Previously familiar singles on the album include "Two Hearts" and "Can't Do a Thing (To Stop Me)" in addition to the title track. It's a cool album, and it does a nice job of filling out the picture which started being painted by the hits collection.

Tracks:
1. San Francisco Days
2. Beautiful Homes
3. Round 'N' Round
4. Two Hearts
5. Can't Do a Thing (To Stop Me)
6. Except the New Girl
7. Waiting
8. Move Along
9. I Want Your Love
10. 5:15
11. Lonely With a Broken Heart
12. Solitary Man

No comments: