Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Broken (Nine Inch Nails)

Broken is my latest buy in my quest to go through and slowly pick up stuff from the Nine Inch Nails catalogue. The EP was released in 1992, and is the first thing I've bought that contains something I heard performed live: "Pinion" leading into "Wish," the first two tracks. Also on the EP are "Last," the instrumental "Help Me I Am in Hell," the excellent "Happiness in Slavery," and the high-adrenaline "Gave Up." At the end (and I mean the end - tracks 98 and 99) are two further tracks, "Physical (You're So)" and "Suck" which are slightly more accessible. The former is a remake of an Adam Ant track, though the sound has changed pretty radically. Basically, everything on here is cool. I think my two faves are "Wish" and "Happiness in Slavery." Hard to choose, though. Very cool EP.

Tracks:
1. Pinion
2. Wish
3. Last
4. Help Me I Am in Hell
5. Happiness in Slavery
6. Gave Up
7-97. A second of silence
98. Physical (You're So)
99. Suck

No comments: