Friday, November 28, 2008

Boomania & Grrr! It's Betty Boo

I guess the "Doin' the Do" single left me with a positive enough impression that, seeing a pair of Betty Boo albums for a total of $3, I decided to take the deal.

Boomania was released in 1990. It contains her big hits "Doin' the Do," "Where Are You Baby," and "Hey DJ / I Can't Dance (To That Music You're Playing)." Another standout track is "Boo Is Booming," which is just terribly catchy with its sample of "Montego Bay." I wasn't sure how I'd feel about this album, but now I'm glad I got it. It's a fun slice of the 90s.

Grrr! It's Betty Boo followed in 1992. It sounds very much like an extension of the first album. The highlight for me is "Skin Tight." Singles released from the album include "I'm On My Way" and "Hangover."

While I wouldn't call her the greatest artist ever or anything like that, Betty Boo made fun, danceable music, and she did what she did well.

Tracks for Boomania:
1. Where Are You Baby?
2. Hey DJ / I Can't Dance (To That Music You're Playing)
3. Boo Is Booming
4. Boo's Boogie
5. 24 Hours
6. Valentine's Day
7. Doin' the Do (7" radio mix)
8. ('Til My Last Breath) Doin' It to Def
9. Don't Know What to Do
10. Shame
11. Mumbo Jumbo
12. Leave Me Alone

Tracks:
1. I'm on My Way
2. Things Goin' On
3. Hangover
4. Curly & Girly
5. Wish You Were Here
6. Let Me Take You There
7. Gave You the Boo
8. Skin Tight
9. Catch Me
10. Close the Door

No comments: