Friday, November 21, 2008

The Singles Box #2 (Depeche Mode)

Talk about a great birthday surprise! I went into FYE to see if and how I'd claim my 20% birthday discount, and there I found a used copy of Depeche Mode's Singles Box (Volume 2). There are a few artists out there (off the top of my head, Erasure (4), Morrissey (2), Depeche Mode (6), and Duran Duran (2), in order of interest) who have out awesome singles boxes like this over which I salivate but have not gotten around to purchasing. You can imagine my shock at seeing this in the store and priced reasonably. (I've seen both volumes of the Duran singles boxes in stores, but that priced reasonably part is consistently missing.) While I got a few cool birthday purchases, this is definitely my favorite, and was a very nice gift indeed.

The box contains six CD singles: "Get the Balance Right!," "Everything Counts," "Love in Itself," "People Are People," "Master and Servant," and "Blasphemous Rumours" / "Somebody." Those awesome a-sides are accompanied by such cool b-sides as "The Great Outdoors!," "Fools," "Work Hard," "In Your Memory," and "(Set Me Free) Remotivate Me," as well as remixes and live versions. Of the new discoveries, my favorite tunes are "Remotivate Me" and "Work Hard" as of right now, but I didn't hear anything I disliked. Excellent set!

Tracks:
"Get the Balance Right!" single
1. Get the Balance Right!
2. The Great Outdoors!
3. Get the Balance Right! (combination mix)
4. Tora! Tora! Tora! (live)

"Everything Counts" single
1. Everything Counts
2. Work Hard
3. Everything Counts (In Larger Amounts)
4. Work Hard (East End remix)

"Love in Itself" single
1. Love in Itself.2
2. Fools
3. Love in Itself.3
4. Fools (Bigger)
5. Love in Itself.4

"People Are People" single
1. People Are People
2. In Your Memory
3. People Are People (different mix)
4. In Your Memory (Slik mix)

"Master & Servant" single
1. Master & Servant
2. (Set Me Free) Remotivate Me
3. Master & Servant (slavery whip mix)
4. (Set Me Free) Remotivate Me (release mix)
5. Master & Servant (voxless)

"Blasphemous Rumours" / "Somebody" single
1. Blasphemous Rumours
2. Told You So (live)
3. Somebody (remix)
4. Everything Counts (live)

No comments: