Friday, November 21, 2008

"My Mistakes Were Made for You" single (The Last Shadow Puppets)

Seeing as how The Last Shadow Puppets' album The Age of the Understatement is so great, I was excited to see the band had released a cool single for "My Mistakes Were Made for You." Specifically, there were two live remakes that piqued my interest: "My Little Red Book" and "Paris Summer," which is performed with Alison Mosshart of The Kills. I was not disappointed. Those two tracks alone are worth the price of admission. The a-side is the album version of the title track, which is great. The other tracks are live and acoustic renditions of songs on Age. Those aren't as exciting for me, but are still worth hearing as they're executed quite well.

Tracks:
1. My Mistakes Were Made for You
2. Separate and Ever Deadly (live from New Theatre, Oxford)
3. Paris Summer (featuring Alison Mosshart) (live from the Olympia, Paris)
4. My Little Red Book (live from New Theatre, Oxford)
5. The Age of the Understatement (acoustic)
6. Standing Next to Me (acoustic)
7. The Meeting Place (acoustic)
8. My Mistakes Were Made for You (acoustic)

No comments: