Saturday, November 1, 2008

"The Perfect Drug" versions (Nine Inch Nails)

After my NIN concert experience, I was left feeling a bit of a void in my collection, owning none of their music. I rectified that quickly by picking up a copy of the single of remixes of "The Perfect Drug." This is a strange first purchase for many reasons. For one, I didn't actually hear it live. For a second, the hit version of "The Perfect Drug" isn't actually included. Still, it was there and I wanted it, so buy it I did. While some of the remixes are decent, I wouldn't say this single is stunning in any way. My favorite is probably Spacetime Continuum, with The Orb a close second. While it's likely a non-essential for those who aren't Nine Inch Nails completists, it isn't without its merits. Overall, this is a purchase to consider if you happen to see it around, but by no means a must-have, move-it-to-the-top-of-your-wish-list type thing.

Tracks:
1. The Perfect Drug (Meat Beat Manifesto)
2. The Perfect Drug (Plug)
3. The Perfect Drug (Nine Inch Nails)
4. The Perfect Drug (Spacetime Continuum)
5. The Perfect Drug (The Orb)

No comments: