Saturday, August 9, 2008

"Doin' the Do" single (Betty Boo)

Betty Boo's "Doin' the Do" single is another one for the impulse buying column. I can only vaguely remember hearing this song before, but I decided it'd be a cool purchase, so I added it to my goodies. I'm not sure if Betty Boo is freestyle or just danceable rap, but regardless, "Doin' the Do" and its b-side, "Shame," are both fun examples of whatever genre into which they best fit. It was also great to hear the remixes on here by the likes of Shep Pettibone and Beatmasters. Standouts for me as far as "Doin' the Do" remixes go are the Beatmasters Club mix and Pettibone's Damned If You Do mix.

Tracks:
1. Doin' the Do (single version)
2. Doin' the Do (The Good Do-Bee mix)
3. Doin' the Do (Doin' the Wop mix)
4. Doin' the Do (Beatmasters club mix)
5. Shame (Hoodlum mix)
6. Doin' the Do (Damned If You Do mix)
7. Doin' the Do (Damned If You Do dub mix)
8. Doin' the Do (King John mix)
9. Shame (single version)

No comments: