Monday, August 25, 2008

Spartacus (The Farm)

I picked up The Farm's Spartacus on the strength of the single "All Together Now," which I adore. I have to say that, as that was my only real Farm exposure, I was a bit surprised by the album's content, which didn't all sound similar to that song. However, while it wasn't exactly what I was expecting, this Madchester-influenced album is a fairly enjoyable listen. Other highlights include the two versions of "Very Emotional," the single "Groovy Train," and the tracks "Family of Man" and "Sweet Inspiration." While I wouldn't say my first impression of the album is love, I do like it pretty well. I imagine this shows up in used bins fairly frequently, and it is worth copping it cheaply if for no reason other than owning the excellent "All Together Now."

Tracks:
1. Hearts & Minds
2. How Long
3. Sweet Inspiration
4. Groovy Train
5. Higher & Higher
6. Don't Let Me Down
7. Family of Man
8. Tell the Story
9. Very Emotional
10. All Together Now
11. Higher & Higher (remix)
12. Very Emotional (remix)

No comments: