Saturday, August 30, 2008

Most of All: The Best of Deborah Harry

Having enjoyed my recent purchase of Def, Dumb, & Blonde, I decided to get a nice overview of Deborah Harry's solo work. Most of All: The Best of Deborah Harry does a fine job of compiling most of her singles and including the hit single mixes, which is a major plus for me right there. Making it all worthwhile is the music itself, which is awesome. Besides familiar favorites like "I Want That Man" and "French Kissin' in the USA," I heard such new tracks as her remake of "Well, Did You Evah!" with Iggy Pop, "In Love With Love," "The Jam Was Moving," "Free to Fall," "Communion," and a variety of songs which prove that Harry is quite capable of performing a diverse array of material. I would certainly recommend this compilation.

Tracks:
1. I Want That Man
2. French Kissin' in the USA
3. Brite Side
4. Sweet and Low (single remix edit)
5. Free to Fall (7" edit)
6. Well, Did You Evah! (with Iggy Pop)
7. I Can See Clearly
8. Strike Me Pink
9. Communion (7" edit)
10. Backfired (7" edit)
11. In Love With Love (SAW remix)
12. Rush Rush (12" version)
13. The Jam Was Moving (7" mix)
14. Feel the Spin (extended dance version)
15. Maybe for Sure
16. Rockbird
17. I Want That Man (Almighty Definitive Mix radio edit)
18. I Want That Man (D-Bop's 11.59 Vocal Mix radio edit)

No comments: