Saturday, August 30, 2008

Erasure

Erasure's self-titled 1995 album was my choice purchase with a coupon I had at Half Price Books. I wasn't sure what to expect from this album, as I'd read that it was more experimental than their usual, but I actually think it works quite well. It's not so far "out there" to lose listeners like me, and the songs still have some very Erasure-ish qualities to them. The album contains "Fingers & Thumbs (Cold Summer's Day)," a track I'd not heard but have quickly grown to love. Other highlights include "Rock Me Gently" and "Love the Way You Do So." However, this album is best taken as a whole rather than examined track-by-track, for while some do stand alone well, the whole product is an experience in itself well worth having.

Tracks:
1. Intro: Guess I'm Into Feeling
2. Rescue Me
3. Sono Luminus
4. Fingers & Thumbs (Cold Summer's Day)
5. Rock Me Gently
6. Grace
7. Stay With Me
8. Love the Way You Do So
9. Angel
10. I Love You
11. A Long Goodbye

No comments: