Friday, August 8, 2008

The Ultimate Gary Glitter

Perhaps one of my luckiest finds in a while was a used copy The Ultimate Gary Glitter at FYE for $5. This 2-disc set is a very good retrospective of Glitter's singles output. Glitter is one of those artist's whose personal life has unfortunately come to overshadow his musical output, but fans of glammy music do themselves a disservice if they allow this to happen. Included in this package are 28 of Glitter's singles as well as four of The Glitter Band's hits. These four tracks are quite strong, which caused me to add their The Bell Singles Collection to my wish list. Anyhow, highlights of this set include "Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)," "I Love You Love Me Love," "Let's Get Together Again" (a Glitter Band track), "Doing Alright with the Boys," "Always Yours," "You Belong to Me," and "Goodbye My Love" (also by The Glitter Band).

Fans of Gary Glitter will find this package a great career overview, while those who only know a few of his songs will delight in the overall Glitter experience.

Tracks:
1. Rock and Roll (Part 1)
2. Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)
3. I'm the Leader of the Gang (I Am)
4. I Didn't Know I Loved You (Till I Saw You Rock and Roll)
5. I Love You Love Me Love
6. Let's Get Together Again (The Glitter Band)
7. Doing Alright With the Boys
8. Always Yours
9. Sidewalk Sinner
10. Angel Face (The Glitter Band)
11. Oh Yes! You're Beautiful
12. Love Like You and Me
13. Remember Me This Way
14. You Belong to Me
15. When I'm On I'm On
16. Rock Hard Men (Need the Power)

Disc 2
17. Hello Hello I'm Back Again
18. Rock and Roll (Part 2)
19. Papa Oom Mow Mow
20. Dance Me Up
21. Rock On
22. It Takes All Night Long
23. Goodbye My Love (The Glitter Band)
24. Oh What a Fool I've Been
25. What Your Mama Don't See (Your Mama Don't Know)
26. A Little Boogie Woogie in the Back of My Mind
27. I Dare You to Lay One on Me
28. Just for You (The Glitter Band)
29. Be My Baby
30. And Then She Kissed Me
31. All That Glitters (Medley)
32. Another Rock and Roll Christmas

No comments: