Saturday, August 9, 2008

Fancy Footwork deluxe edition (Chromeo)

Since the label apparently wants to peddle these and had many retailers dropping its price significantly, I decided to go ahead and chance the album, despite only really knowing the title track. The deluxe edition contains the original album on disc 1, while disc 2 contains some songs from their first album as well as many remixes of songs on Fancy Footwork. While I was pleasantly surprised by the generally enjoyable content of the first disc, I have to admit that I was basically unimpressed by most of the included remixes. Still, at a fair price, I can generally recommend this to fans of lighthearted, fun, danceable music.

Tracks:
1. Intro
2. Tenderoni
3. Fancy Footwork
4. Bonafied Lovin' / Tough Guys Interlude
5. My Girl Is Calling Me (A Liar)
6. Outta Sight
7. Opening Up / Ce Soir On Danse Interlude
8. Momma's Boy
9. Call Me Up
10. Waiting for You
11. 100% / Interoni

Disc 2
12. Needy Girl
13. Rage!
14. You're So Gangsta
15. I Am Somebody (DJ Mehdi featuring Chromeo)
16. Tenderoni (MSTRKRFT remix)
17. Fancy Footwork (Crookers remix)
18. Needy Girl (Lifelike remix)
19. Me & My Man
20. You're So Gangsta (Playground remix)
21. Destination Overdrive (DFA remix)
22. Fancy Footwork (Laidback Luke remix)
23. Bonafied Lovin' (Jori Hulkonnen remix)

No comments: