Saturday, August 2, 2008

Shine (Estelle)

After I played "American Boy" for my mother, she decided that I really needed Estelle's Shine album so that I could put the song on her iPod. That decision was fine by me! As I hadn't listened to much else from the album, I wasn't really sure what to expect, but any reservations I had proved unnecessary. This is a great album! It's spent more than a few days in my car as the soundtrack to my real life. Standout tracks include "So Much Out the Way," "Pretty Please (Love Me)," "American Boy," the title track, and "No Substitute Love." I'm forcing myself to stop with five tracks, but the entire album is worth hearing. This is definitely one of 2008's must-own albums.

Tracks:
1. Wait a Minute (Just a Touch)
2. No Substitute Love
3. American Boy (featuring Kanye West)
4. More Than Friends
5. Magnificent (featuring Kardinal Offishall)
6. Come Over
7. So Much Out the Way
8. In the Rain
9. Back in Love
10. You Are (featuring John Legend)
11. Pretty Please (Love Me) (featuring Cee-Lo)
12. Shine

No comments: