Thursday, August 14, 2008

"Shout to the Top" single (Fire Island featuring Loleatta Holloway)

I was mainly attracted to Fire Island's remake of Style Council's hit "Shout to the Top" because it featured Loleatta Holloway on vocals. I've been getting into her stuff of late, and I was interested in hearing what she'd done with the song. It proved a great fit and I fell in love upon first listen. Fire Island and Holloway put together a fine version of this song. The 1998 single release contains six mixes of the song, my favorite of which is the Fire Island radio edit. The others are also good, though, making this a strong single.

Tracks:
1. Shout to the Top (Fire Island radio edit)
2. Shout to the Top (Industry Standard Uprising mix)
3. Shout to the Top (Frankie Knuckles Classic club mix)
4. Shout to the Top (Club 69 vocal mix)
5. Shout to the Top (Industry Standard No Smoke Without Fire mix)
6. Shout to the Top (Roach Motel Ruff & Raw mix)

No comments: