Saturday, August 9, 2008

"Paper Planes" (Homeland Security Remixes) (M.I.A.)

The Homeland Security Remixes EP for M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes" had one track which held major appeal for me: the Scottie B remix. I don't know why, but I fell in love with that one, and so I decided to get buy this single. Some of the other remixes included are also pretty good, particularly the Diplo Street remix, which features additional verses by Bun B and Rich Boy. The album version is not included here, which isn't a major problem for me, as, while I like it okay, I don't love it so much as to greatly feel its absence. Overall, the remixes are pretty nice, with the only one I didn't really enjoy being the remix for the children by Adrock. If you like this song, go ahead and pick up the EP with confidence.

Tracks:
1. "Paper Planes" (featuring Afrikan Boy & Rye Rye) [Blaqstarr remix]
2. "Paper Planes" (remix for the children by Adrock)
3. "Paper Planes" (featuring Bun B & Rich Boy) [Diplo Street Remix]
4. "Paper Planes" (DFA Remix)
5. "Paper Planes" (Scottie B Remix)

No comments: