Monday, August 25, 2008

"Gotta Get Thru This" single (Daniel Bedingfield)

I noticed a copy of the "Gotta Get Thru This" 3-track sitting in FYE, so I snapped it up. It includes three mixes of the title track: the D'N'D radio edit, the D'N'D full length version, and the Stella Browne vocal mix. I was surprised to hear that the D'N'D radio edit is in fact the same version on the album, as it was not labeled as such on my copy. (My copy is an import edition containing "Never Gonna Leave Your Side." I believe it was imported from Argentina. It hadn't been my intention, but it was a happy accident since it's the more complete version.) Anyway, that solves that mystery. The D'N'D full length is just like the familiar radio edit, but, well, longer. The Stella Browne vocal edit is a nice dance version which doesn't use the processed vocals of the D'N'D version. I very much like it. It's nice to have a few mixes of this track, and I'm glad I picked this one up.

Tracks:
1. Gotta Get Thru This (D'N'D radio edit)
2. Gotta Get Thru This (D'N'D full length version)
3. Gotta Get Thru This (Stella Browne vocal edit)

No comments: