Saturday, August 9, 2008

"South Side" single (Moby)

I picked up the single for Moby's "South Side" because, when I first played my copy of the Play album years ago, I was jarred to find that I had a version of the song with Gwen Stefani's vocals. Don't get me wrong; it's not a bad version. It's just not my preferred one, nor the one that I remembered hearing on the radio. In fact, while I'd seen the song referred to as a duet, it was my first time actually hearing a version with Stefani on it. Therefore, when I saw this two-track at a low price, I jumped at the chance to finally get the Stefani-less version of "South Side." "South Side" is a great track, and the one which brought Moby his biggest U.S. hit. Those actively seeking a single should bypass this one for the maxi-single which contains these two tracks and some remixes.

Tracks:
1. South Side (featuring Gwen Stefani) (edit)
2. South Side (original album version)

No comments: