Thursday, March 20, 2008

"alt.end" single (The Cure)

I really like everything I've heard by The Cure, but I've never actually purchased any of their music. Shame on me. I need to fix that. I guess I just have trouble knowing where to start with artists who already have such extensive catalogues.

I purchased the "alt.end" single while I was browsing discs at Borders. I had a coupon and didn't see much I really wanted to buy, and I remember hearing "alt.end" and enjoying it when it was a current a few years ago, so I figured I might as well grab it.

I really enjoy the a-side. I believe I remember a lot of Cure fans not being crazy about some of their more recent works, but I think this tune is quite good. I don't think I was as big a fan of "End of the World," but I haven't heard it since it was first out, so I might be remembering that incorrectly.

"Why Can't I Be Me?" is a cool, angsty tune. Definitely worth a listen. "Your God Is Fear" is a heavy track and also pretty cool.

I can't say I would put any of these three songs amongst by top Cure tunes even based on my limited knowledge of their catalogue, but they're still three solid tracks.

Tracks:
1. alt.end
2. Why Can't I Be Me?
3. Your God Is Fear

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you post "Your God is Fear?" I can't find that song anywhere.