Friday, March 14, 2008

Emblems (matt pond PA)

matt pond PA's album Emblems (2004) contains a song I absolutely love in "Bring On the Ending." That strong tune was enough for me to be willing to give the rest a try. Overall, I'm pleased with the album. The music is pleasant and the lyrics are generally strong. I can't pick any standout tracks right now, mainly because these are the sort of songs which I believe require repeated listens to truly reveal themselves meaningfully for their audience. That said, they were all good enough the first time around that I look forward to said repeated plays.

Tracks:
1. KC
2. Closest (Look Out)
3. Lily Two
4. Bring On the Ending
5. The Butcher
6. New Hampshire
7. Claire
8. Summer (Butcher Two)
9. East Coast E.
10. Last Song
11. Grave's Disease
12. Close (KC Two)

No comments: