Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Set list: Stars

Wow! I saw Stars earlier this evening, and they put on an awesome show. Truly great. One interesting thing I hadn't realized is that male lead singer Torquil Campbell also plays the trumpet. Seeing him blow live was pretty amazing.

Opening acts this evening were Pash and Martin Royle (of Washington Social Club). Pash was decent indie pop type stuff. Martin Royle had great strange presence - very amusing. His songs were crafted to entertain, and they succeeded in that respect.

Pash's set:
1. Can't remember the opening song
2. The Best Gun
3. Down

Martin Royle
1. If Time Ran Backwards
2. I Don't Care If I Get Fired
3. Breaking the Dawn
4. Sex With Your Ex
5. "There's nowhere else we'd rather be" is a lyric
6. Charlie the Russian
7. The Breakup

Stars
1. The Night Starts Here
2. Elevator Love Letter
3. Soft Revolution
4. Window Bird
-A chorus of Phil Collins's "One More Night" with the last line changed to "'cause I can't fuck forever"-
5. One More Night
6. Reunion
7. Bitches in Tokyo
8. Heart
9. Going, Going Gone
10. Take Me to the Riot
11. Midnight Coward
12. Your Ex-Lover Is Dead
13. Ageless Beauty
14. In Our Bedroom After the War
Encore
15. My Favourite Book
16. What I'm Trying to Say
17. Calendar Girl
18. The Woods

No comments: