Sunday, March 16, 2008

Boys Club

Boys Club's self-titled album sounds like a Wham! knockoff. For me, that's quite all right. While they aren't a substitute for Wham!, they make a nice supplement. The hit single "I Remember Holding You" is present, as well as many other fun Wham!-ish tracks, like "The Loneliest Heart," "Step by Step," and "The Naked Truth."

Nobody will be nominating this as one of the best albums of all time or anything like that, but it makes for a good listen and gets my seal of approval.

Tracks:
1. Step by Step
2. I Remember Holding You
3. Tell Me
4. At It Again
5. Danglin' on a String
6. The Loneliest Heart
7. When You're Letting Go
8. Victim of the Heart
9. The Naked Truth
10. Time Starts Now

4 comments:

whatthefck said...

i have been looking for this cd for a while now...do you have a link to it??

TheWordBoy said...

Hey, commenter. If you're looking to buy a copy, consider a used copy at amazon.com. There are a few listings in very good condition that, with shipping, come to about $6.

Can't help you if you're looking for a downloadable version. Sorry.

Leon said...

Hi, glad to find this site. I've trying hard to find the original version of a song covered by a Hong Kong singer Christopher Wong. Below is Christopher's covered version:

http://www.51wma.com/sort/1_118_54074.html

I guess the original version is sung by Boys Club. Yet I can't verify it anywhere on the Web. Could you help me out with this doubt since I assume you have this album? I'd appreciate your help. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

TheWordBoy said...

Hi, Leon. I listened to your clip and I can't say for sure right now if it's a song on the album. It definitely isn't one of the tracks I remember well, but there are a few that I'm not sure about. I'm currently away from home, but as soon as I can get to my CD, I will compare and let you know what I find out.