Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Shangri-La (Bardeux)

Bardeux's second of two albums, Shangri-La (1989), seems to be generally viewed as far weaker than their first, based on what I've read on the Internet. It couldn't have done them too many favors since they didn't have any subsequent releases. Not having heard their first album, however, I can't weigh in on this debate.

Shangri-La is a decent dance-pop album with some freestyle leanings. The standout track is undoubtedly the single "I Love to Bass," which was also the biggest hit from the album. Still, there are others that make for good listens, such as "Now or Never," "Thumbs Up," "Just Say the Word," and "Now I've Got Your Number." "One Last Kiss" is also a nice track that seems like it could have been a hit, but I suppose the generally underwhelming response to this album did in its singles.

While Shangri-La is neither mind-blowing nor earth-shattering, it is a pleasant freestyle album.

Tracks:
1. Nervous
2. Now or Never
3. Thumbs Up
4. Just Say the Word
5. You Can Rock My Body
6. I Love to Bass
7. One Last Kiss
8. Shangri-La
9. Now I've Got Your Number
10. Hardline

No comments: