Tuesday, March 4, 2008

"Here's to the Night" single (Eve 6)

I have three of Eve 6's albums, so when I saw this single at the store, I was mainly looking to see if there was an interesting b-side or two included. The first track is "Here's to the Night," and it appears in the same version was included on Eve 6's Horrorscope album. That's a pretty good album, but as I already own it, that particular track wasn't an incentive to get the single. The second track is "Inside Out," which is a song I love from Eve 6's self-titled album. However, great as it is, I already own it on said album. Also from Eve 6's self-titled album is the third track, "Tongue Tied," which is also a good song. Having gotten that far, I was ready to put this disc down until I caught the last track's title, "Waterfalls." I couldn't place that as a track on either album, so I opened up the case to see if it had anything to say about it. I saw Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes in the writing credits, which was enough of a clue for me to grasp that this is a remake of TLC's hit song. I'm always a sucker for an interesting remake, and $0.50 was certainly a reasonable price, so this became mine.

I played the first three tracks first since I knew I enjoyed them. They made me want to revisit Eve 6's albums, which I haven't played in a while. Apparently this is going to be a trend as I listen to music. As for the "Waterfalls" remake, it's pretty rockin'. Brings rather a different feel to the song. I approve.

Tracks:
1. Here's to the Night
2. Inside Out
3. Tongue Tied
4. Waterfalls

No comments: