Thursday, March 13, 2008

Call Me Irresponsible (Michael Bublé)

Michael Bublé is one of the few modern adult contemporary/easy listening singers I enjoy. I like plenty of the older ones, so I'm not sure why the newer crop rarely connects with me, but there you have it. I finally got around to picking up the standards singer's latest album, Call Me Irresponsible, at the merch table at his show.

It's another very solid album from Bublé. Two original songs are included, "Everything" and "Lost." One song he does I like a lot is "It Had Better Be Tonight," which is adapted from "Meglio stasera" from The Pink Panther. I first became familiar with this song in a version by John Gary and fell in love with it. Really, I can't complain about the way he does any of the songs present on this album. High quality renditions, one and all.

Tracks:
1. The Best Is Yet to Come
2. It Had Better Be Tonight (Meglio stasera)
3. Me and Mrs. Jones
4. I'm Your Man
5. Comin' Home Baby (with Boyz II Men)
6. Lost
7. Call Me Irresponsible
8. Wonderful Tonight (with Ivan Lins)
9. Everything
10. I've Got the World on a String
11. Always on My Mind
12. That's Life (Siedah Garrett is among the folks providing additional vocals on this one)
13. Dream

No comments: