Tuesday, March 4, 2008

"Lazy Lover" single (Brazilian Girls)

I vaguely remembered having heard praise for Brazilian Girls, so I figured I'd give this one a shot. "Lazy Lover" has a retro-meets-modern feel, incorporating the chanson style into their electronic music. It's a cool, atmospheric listen. "Sirènes de la fête" has some similar stylistic blending going on and is also a cool tune, although I can't say I really understand its French lyrics. "Pussy" builds on this style, but also adds some more Latin-sounding horn arrangements. A nice touch. The remixes of "Lazy Lover" are nice too.

None of this makes for your ordinary, average sort of listening, but it all works quite well. I'm left rather intrigued and hope to hear more.

Tracks:
1. Lazy Lover
2. Sirènes de la fête
3. Pussy
4. Lazy Lover (Brazilian Girls' Free Mix)
5. Lazy Lover (Herbert's Busy Lover Mix)

No comments: