Monday, March 10, 2008

Song of the Day: "How Many Words"

ARTIST: Blake Lewis
TITLE: "How Many Words"
YEAR: 2008

Released on his album last year and as a single this one, former American Idol contestant Blake Lewis's "How Many Words" has surprised me by being ... well, likable. Granted, it's not perfect. I could do with a better intro, for example. Still, after being utterly turned off by his lead single, "Break Anotha," I certainly did not expect to find myself liking his second. Not only have I found myself enjoying it, but now it's been in my head enough that it's garnered some repeated listens. Go figure. Perhaps some of the appeal lies in the Sting-like vibes I get from the song, especially the bridge.

The song can be heard here and is available for purchase on Lewis's 2007 release Audio Day Dream.

No comments: