Saturday, March 15, 2008

Song of the Day: "Something Happened on the Way to Heaven"

ARTIST: Phil Collins
TITLE: "Something Happened on the Way to Heaven"
YEAR: 1990

While Phil Collins's solo work rarely does much for me, "Something Happened on the Way to Heaven" is a song I absolutely love. He needed to do more songs like it! It's fun to sing, it's well-constructed, it's got decent lyrics... it's just good. I haven't heard it in a while, but it popped into my head today and reminded me just how much I enjoy it.

In 2004, Deborah Cox had a hit with her dance version of this song. It was okay, but it really doesn't compare to Collins's original for me.

You can hear the song here. The song is available on various discs, including Hits and The Platinum Collection as well as the album on which it originally appeared, ...But Seriously.

The Valentin Mix radio edit of the Cox version appears on the collection Ultimate Deborah Cox.

No comments: