Thursday, March 20, 2008

Chee-Chee & Peppy

Chee-Chee & Peppy's self-titled 1972 album is fun bubblegum soul. It includes their biggest career hit "I Know I'm in Love." There're also some remakes of familiar tunes: The Drifters' "This Magic Moment," Clyde McPhatter's "A Lover's Question," and Inez and Charlie Foxx's "Mockingbird." Two cute kids with childlike voices makin' some music for the Buddah label - good stuff.

For a more informative look at the duo, visit the Bubblegum Soup blog and look at the entry from January 2008. They did a far better job than I could of gathering the data. Props, Bubblegum Soup!

Tracks:
1. This Magic Moment
2. A Lover's Question
3. Never, Never, Never
4. Mocking Bird
5. Loving You Really Comes Easy
6. Try the Man (Find Peace of Mind)
7. I Know I'm in Love
8. We Belong to Each Other
9. We Call It Love
10. Yaba Daba Do
11. (I'm Not An) Indian Giver
12. My Love Will Never Fade Away

1 comment:

Will said...

Their version of Mockingbird is my favorite of all the other versions I have ever heard. I remember it as a kid, but haven't been able to find any of their music streaming anyplace. Too bad. So many people have never heard of them. They're missing out.